Products in this Bundle (3)
This is a bundle of our popular Gingerbread products! Your students will love learning about the history of gingerbread, practicing area and perimeter, and creating their very own gingerbread house.
In the Gingerbread Fun product you will find:
- Parent Letter-A no prep printable letter to send home to collect supplies needed for the gingerbread houses.
- Gingerbread: A Sweet History- An article about the history of gingerbread.
- Gingerbread Flipbook- Using the article, students will cut and paste the events into a flip book in sequence.
- Gingerbread Throughout Europe- A map activity where students will trace the history of gingerbread through Europe.
- The Gingerbread Kid Goes to School-A comprehension activity that goes along with the book.
- Create an Escape Route-Students will create an “escape route” in their school for the gingerbread kid just like in the book.
- Escape Route Directions-Using the map that they created, students will give directions for the gingerbread kid to follow.
- Design a Gingerbread House-Students will use their creativity to design a gingerbread house and create it using supplies.
- Gingerbread House/Decorations-Allow your students to create a house using a paper bag and the included decorations.
- Gingerbread House Nominations- A nomination page with specific awards.
- Gingerbread House Awards-Black and white and color versions
- Winter Crossword Puzzle-Students will use the clues to find the winter-themed words
- Number Sentence Puzzles-For these puzzles, students will need to choose three of the numbers that create a number sentence.
- Color the Picture-Students will need to color in parts of speech to complete this puzzle.
In the Gingerbread Area and Perimeter resource you will find:
•Gingerbread House Blueprint- students will use graph paper to design their own gingerbread house and decompose it into separate rooms to find the total area.
•Sample Gingerbread House Blueprint- Use this to model with your students before they create their own blueprint.
•Calculation Sheet- a page to record and calculate the area of each gingerbread house.
•Gingerbread House Challenge- a cut and paste activity to help your students understand that rectangles can have the same area but different shapes (2 separate challenges).
•Exterior Design- students will work within a budget to design the exterior of their gingerbread house.
•Area Practice Page- You can use this as independent practice or a formative assessment for finding the area of an object.
•Cookies Perimeter Practice Page- Students will practice finding the perimeter of holiday themed cookies.
•Word Problems- Area and perimeter word problems can be tricky! Use these example problems as a mini-lesson or independent practice.
•Gingerbread House Resources- Your students will have a blast building their own real individual gingerbread houses. We've included everything you need to do this including: tips and tricks, parent letter and step by step student directions.