The pieces that included in this kit are:
• Gingerbread house with a “To/From” Tag on top to be used as a gift box.
• Gingerbread house (without tag)
• House in color with snow
• Sheet of decorations
• House in black and white (to be colored and decorated)
• Sheet of decorations in black and white (to be colored)
• Gingerbread house in black and white to be colored
I recommend you print the houses on cardstock, a thicker paper.
Young children can color their houses, but they will need adult help to assemble them. It would be helpful to have parent volunteers assemble the houses after your students make them. This is NOT a project for small fingers to complete independently.
The black and white sheets can be enlarged to 11” x 17” size and photocopied onto white construction paper to make it easier for children to make their houses.
I recommend the houses be colored with colored pencils or fine-tipped markers. Glue sticks can be used, but double sided tape will work better for assembling the houses. It should be placed on the four flaps labeled “adhesive”.
After the houses are finished, you can make a gingerbread village! Put the houses on a large table coved with white chart paper, or a white table cloth. Add white fiber fill stuffing to look like snow. White lights can also be added!