Gingerbread Man activities for December is what this resource is all about. Your students will have a ton of fun matching beginning sounds, reading predictable text, playing the roll sight word games snd so much more.
Need more Centers for December ⭐ Gingerbread Man Math Centers ⭐ December Literacy Centers for Kindergarten ⭐ December Math Centers for Kindergarten
• Oven Sound Sort- Beginning Sounds: Place the matching cookie shee pictureso with the correct oven beginning sounds.
• Roll a Sight Word: Roll the die and write the word in the correct column.
• Roll & Cover Sight Word: Roll the die and cover the sight word.
• Sight Word Cards: Print two sets and use for memory matching games
• Upper & Lower Case Alphabet Cards: Use for memory matching games
• Syllable Sort: Sort the pictures onto the cards by syllables.
• Syllable Count & Clip: Clap the syllables and clip the correct number with a clothespin.
• Missing Letters Upper & Lower Case Cards: find the missing letters. These cards are color coded for upper and lower case letters.
• Beginning Sound Clip: Use clothes pins to clip beginning sounds.
• Read & Write the Room: Place cards around the room students record the beginning sound.
• Pocket Chart Reading: 2 versions with picture cards.
• 2 Emergent Readers: You can pick the sequence of the stories depending on the books you have read.
• Match the Beginning Sounds Cut and Paste
Activities in this packet meet the following Common Core Standards for Kindergarten
• K.RFS.1.4 Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
• K.RFS.2.2 Count, pronounce, blend, and segment syllables in spoken words.
• K.RFS.3.1 Demonstrate basic knowledge of letter-sound correspondences by
producing the primary or most frequent sound for each consonant.
• K.RFS.3.3 Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she,
my, is, are, do, does).
• K.RFS.4 Read emergent-reader texts with purpose and understanding.