Get your students excited about the holidays and winter with Gingerbread literacy activities! This great download is a perfect review or preview for first, second, third, and fourth graders. It is aligned to many reading and a writing Common Core Standards. This download works great with The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett, Gingerbread Friends by Jan Brett, or any other Gingerbread books.
Included in this download:
* literary elements graphic organizers
* vocabulary chart and review page
* foreshadowing printable
* compare and contrast graphic organizers
* adjectives printable
* writing response graphic organizers
* write your own gingerbread story planning pages and final draft papers
* 3 gingerbread math freebies! (a line of symmetry activity, a multiplication game, and an addition game)
* some answer keys
Students can practice foreshadowing as you read Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett, or you can read your own Gingerbread Man books and let the students compare and contrast stories on our Venn Diagrams. Students can even write their own gingerbread story on the adorable Gingerbread writing papers! Perfect printables for Christmas and other holidays!
Please check out our blog at http://collaborationcuties.blogspot.com to see freebies and other ideas.
Also, become a fan by clicking "follow me" at the top of this page. You will be alerted of new products and free downloads. Thanks!
Common Core Standards: