I have a gingerbread theme going in December, so as a "Merry Christmas!" & "Happy Holidays!" sweet treat, the packet's $2.00 off.
Click on the PREVIEW to see lots of samples!
You’re going to enjoy the oodles of easy-peasy, “print & go” activities in this packet, that practice a variety of skills and standards, in quick, interesting and fun ways.
There are 3 class-made books, with writing prompts that are sure to motivate your kiddos to want to get down to the business of writing: Gingerbread On the Run, You’re the Man, & Taking a Bite Out of Literacy.
The packet also includes:
* A keepsake “gingerhead” craftivity.
* Worksheets: “Gingerbread can-are-have”, “Describe your gingerbread adjective practice, gingerbread 5 senses, noun-verb-adjective worksheet, plus a beginning-middle-end graphic organizer.
* A “We’re Goin' On A Gingerbread Hunt” activity, with 18 ”fix the sentence” cards, which practice end punctuation & capitalization.
* Gingerbread story slider craftivity, which practices sequencing & retelling a story. Includes color, plus black and white slider strips.
* 6, “Elements of a Story” pocket chart cards, plus a different, black and white version for students. They can fill in and turn into a “flip strip booklet”.
* 2 sets of sequencing cards. Use them to play games with.
Students can also color, trim and sequence them into an Itty Bitty booklet.
* 40 traceable word cards from the story.
* 3 graphing extensions
* 4 Venn Diagrams. A quick, easy & fun way to practice comparison & contrast
* “How to catch a gingerbread man”, and “How to make a gingerbread man” writing prompt worksheets.
* A retell the story, “color me” bookmark, plus 4 other colorful ones.
* Comprehension discussion questions, or use as a worksheet.
* Science experiment, with matching writing prompt.
Why didn’t the gingerbread man jump in the river and swim?
What do you think would happen to a cookie in water? Let’s see…
* -an word family gingerbread man slider craft, with 13 traceable word cards and a matching worksheet.
* Rhyme Time: How many words can you think of that rhyme with gingerbread? Includes an answer key with 50 words.
* A “Riddle Me” gingerbread note, plus a certificate of praise.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you enjoy picking and choosing your favorite activities to help make studying literacy especially sweet.