You’re going to enjoy the oodles of easy-peasy, “print and go” activities in this packet, that practice a variety of skills and standards, in quick, interesting and fun ways.
"So many great ideas to do right before winter break."
There are 3 class-made books, with writing prompts that are sure to motivate your kiddos to want to get down to the business of writing: Gingerbread On the Run, You’re the Man, & Taking a Bite Out of Literacy.
* A keepsake “gingerhead” craftivity.
* Worksheets: “Gingerbread can-are-have”, “Describe your gingerbread adjective practice, gingerbread 5 senses, noun-verb-adjective worksheet, plus a beginning-middle-end graphic organizer.
* A “We’re Goin' On A Gingerbread Hunt” activity, with 18 ”fix the sentence” cards, which practice end punctuation & capitalization.
* Gingerbread story slider craftivity, which practices sequencing & retelling a story. Includes color, plus black and white slider strips.
"Fantastic Activity for retelling. Very easy to put together."
"I loved the different endings to this activity."
* 6, “Elements of a Story” pocket chart cards, plus a different, black and white version for students. They can fill in and turn into a “flip strip booklet”.
* 2 sets of sequencing cards. Use them to play games with.
Students can also color, trim and sequence them into an Itty Bitty booklet.
* 40 traceable word cards from the story.
* 3 graphing extensions
* 4 Venn Diagrams. A quick, easy & fun way to practice comparison & contrast
* “How to catch a gingerbread man”, and “How to make a gingerbread man” writing prompt worksheets.
* A retell the story, “color me” bookmark, plus 4 other colorful ones.
* Comprehension discussion questions, or use as a worksheet.
* Science experiment, with matching writing prompt.
Why didn’t the gingerbread man jump in the river and swim?
What do you think would happen to a cookie in water? Let’s see…
* -an word family gingerbread man slider craft, with 13 traceable word cards and a matching worksheet.
* Rhyme Time: How many words can you think of that rhyme with gingerbread? Includes an answer key with 50 words.
* A “Riddle Me” gingerbread note, plus a certificate of praise.
Click on the PREVIEW to see lots of samples!
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping you enjoy picking and choosing your favorite activities to help make studying literacy especially sweet.
Don’t forget that all of my new products are 40% off for 48 hours.
Click this LINK to follow my shop & you'll be notified of these huge savings.