This Gingerbread Man mini-unit is aligned to common core standards and builds reading comprehension skills while allowing students to have fun with literacy. A range of activities, including drama and singing, are provided to help you cater to the different needs in your classroom. The unit includes the following:
1. Text comprehension questions
2. Higher order, personal connection and critical thinking questions
3. Story mapping worksheets covering setting, characters and plot, including extension questions
4. Reader's Theatre Script and full-page colored character images. A Christmas version of the Reader's Theatre script is also available as a separate FREE download.
5. Song lyrics which could be sung to the tune of "the Farmer in the Dell", retelling the story
6. A suggested teaching plan
7. An answer key
A second version of each worksheet is included with dotted lines for those students who still need to practice their printing and proper letter formation.
Other reading comprehension units you may be interested in:
Three Little Pigs
Little Red Riding Hood
Hansel and Gretel
Jack and the Beanstalk
OR get all the fairy tale comprehension units in one discounted bundle. Reading Comprehension Through Fairy Tales.
If you do buy this bundle please DO NOT buy any of the individual units as they are all included.
Other Reading comprehension units:
Frog and Toad All Year
Frog and Toad Are Friends
Frog and Toad Together