Gingerbread Man Journals! Explore Story Elements : Characters , Setting , etc
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Run, run as fast as you can to grab this money-saving BUNDLE of all the BEST gingerbread activities!⭐Please check out the preview for 22 pages of details and pictures of everything that's included! I like to launch a big "GINGERBREAD WEEK" in my class every Winter where we get to:✅Read all our favorPrice $13.30Original Price $20.00Save $6.70
- Writing, research, comparing and contrasting, and studying story elements for similar stories! I like to do one packet per week: Gingerbread stories, the Three Little Pigs, and Goldilocks & the Three Bears! MANY options included for every theme.Check out the previews of the individual resourcePrice $9.00Original Price $18.00Save $9.00
- This endless, growing bundle grants you a lifetime membership to EVERYTHING that ever has been and ever will be created in the Howywood Kindergarten store! All current resources are yours for 50% off (the biggest discount TPT allows!) and every future resource will be yours for FREE (you'll be ablePrice $765.00Original Price $1529.95Save $764.95
Run, run as fast as you can to grab these awesome gingerbread journals your class will LOVE! ❤️
These are a beautiful, organized way for you class to explore the story elements of several favorite versions of this classic fairy tale. I intentionally created it to be meaningful, but not take up tons of time for younger writers (for example, kids fill in the blanks on some parts instead of writing the entire thing).
All of this has been created for, tested, and loved in my real-life Kindergarten classroom.
Other happy teachers have said:
❤️"My 1st graders LOVED this! They couldn't wait each day to do the next story!"
❤️"This is going to be a great way for my kids to keep track of and respond to each book we read about gingerbread during our unit coming up. I think it will be a great keepsake at the end for them to take home, too! Thank you!"
There are pages for 10 different story variations included so you are free to do them all OR choose your favorites... I like to do the first 4 listed here (and then read their sequels in the afternoon for extra fun!) and choose one more favorite to write about for a grand total of 5... one per day for the school week. Feel free to use them ALL or just choose your favorites:
⭐The Gingerbread Man (traditional)
⭐The Gingerbread Girl
⭐The Gingerbread Baby
⭐The Gingerbread Man: Loose in the School
⭐The Gingerbread Boy
⭐The Gingerbread Cowboy
⭐The Library Gingerbread Man
⭐The Stinky Cheese Man
⭐The Gingerbread Pirates
⭐The Gingerbread Bear
➤HINT: If you are having trouble finding any of these books in your library, I’ve definitely seen videos of them all being read aloud on YouTube so they’d be easy to search for in a pinch. ☺
Once you’ve come up with your plan, make copies of the journals for the kids with the pages you want. I always run them double sided to save paper. We do a page a day. I keep them safe all week long and then let kids bring them home on Friday.
On each page, you’ll find:
✅OPINION: a spot for kids to give their opinion of the book and rank it with 1-4 stars
✅FUN FACTS: a little checklist of common gingerbread story traits (Did it have a repeated phrase?, Was there a chase? A fox?, etc.)
✅REPEATED PHRASES: voice balloons where students get to fill in the missing words from the repeated phrases. It's fun to compare and contrast these across the different books.
✅CHARACTERS: a list of characters with a few more blanks to complete
✅SETTING: space for kids to fill in the setting
✅PROBLEM/ PLOT: a description of this is pre-written for kids to save time
✅SOLUTION: a space to say if it had a happy or sad ending and describe what happened
Thanks for looking! Please check out the preview for a closer look at all the fun details on each page.
Made with ❤️ from Kate at HOWYWOOD Kindergarten
➠MORE Educational Gingerbread Experiences:
❄️ Gingerbread House Making FREE!
❄️ Gingerbread Man Activities for an Entire Week
❄️ Gingerbread Man Directed Drawing & Hunt
✨Resources with a Similar Style✨
• The Three Little Pigs Story Element Journals ... pages for 10 story variations!
• Sharks FREEBIE! Zoo Animal Research Mixed w/ Authentic Literacy Practice!
• Zoo Animal Research BUNDLE: Pandas, Penguins, Giraffes, Elephants, Zebras, Rhinos, Lions & more!