Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Are you ready to put an exciting twist on the traditional Gingerbread Man hunt? Welcome to the Gingerbread Detective Agency! Your detectives will be highly engaged as they solve the Case of the Missing Gingerbread Man through math and literacy centers and activities.
The Problem: The Gingerbread Man cookie you baked with your class is missing! Will your students be able to complete the centers and collect the clues that will lead them on a hunt to find the Gingerbread Man?
The Premise: Your students will turn into detectives as they become part of the Gingerbread Detective Agency. They will receive their detective badge and begin working through different centers and activities. After each center rotation is completed, your detectives will earn a clue that will help to unlock the secret code (on a locked box or sealed envelope) that will lead to them to the Gingerbread Man.
* Number Puzzles- Matching numerals, counting objects, and ten frames to 20
* Spin and Add- Solving picture addition problems and writing the number sentence
* Spin and Count- Counting objects to 20 and writing the numeral
* Cut and Glue Retell- Sequencing and retelling the gingerbread story
* Shape Scoot- Matching real-life 2D and 3D clip art objects to shapes
* CVC Cookies- Sounding out and writing CVC words
* Digraph Cookies- Sounding out and writing words with digraphs
Once your detectives have completed the centers and collected the lock clues, they will be able to open the locked box or envelope. Inside of the box, will be a clue that sends them on a hunt for the Gingerbread Man. Each clue leads them to a different place on your campus. At the end of the hunt, they will find the cookie!
This will be a learning-filled day that your students will never forget!
* Detailed directions for each center, classroom set up, and more!
* What to prep check-off list
* "Missing" poster (editable version available)
* Breaking News note to go home
* Clues left by the Gingerbread Man (editable version available)
* Detective badges
* Evidence tags to print
* Evidence tape to print
* Clue envelope cover sheets and secret code cover sheet
* Secret code number clues (editable version available)
* Recording sheets for most centers
* Printable materials for most centers
You can go all out and ransack your classroom with little brown footprints and crime scene tape everywhere, or you can keep it simple! It's entirely up to you. You can do all of the centers or even just a few of them. You can do it in one day or over a week. We hope you and your students have a fun time solving the case! If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to download the preview to see everything that is included!
Linda Ekstrom and Michelle Woods