This BOOM CARDS™ deck contains 7 ACTIVITIES that target different speech and language skills with the theme of gingerbread man cookies! 3 activities coordinate with The Gingerbread Man story (specifically the version written by Louise Martin available on Epic or YouTube), and 4 activities are geared towards making/decorating gingerbread man cookies (unrelated to the story). It's perfect for teletherapy, face to face therapy, and mixed groups!
The contents of the deck are as follows:
- Card 1: Clickable MENU CARD to select the desired activity.
- Card 2: Suggestions on ways to access the STORY of The Gingerbread Man by Louise Martin.
- Cards 3-12: COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS about the story, each with 3 picture answers choices.
- Cards 13-21: Use pictures of the story to RETELL THE STORY and/or reveal a sentence about the picture and choose the appropriate PAST TENSE VERB to complete it.
- Card 22-28: Each card targets a specific ARTICULATION sound/pair (r, l, s/z, sh/j, f/v, k/g) with a picture from the story and 5 targets about the picture with movable check marks.
- Cards 29-33: SEQUENCE 4 steps of making gingerbread cookies and then create a sentence about each step.
- Cards 34-43: Answer WH- QUESTIONS about making gingerbread cookies (4 picture answer choices provided).
- Cards 44-73: Learn/review kitchen/cookie baking vocabulary, then FOLLOW DIRECTIONS in a kitchen scene with the vocabulary.
- Cards 74-83: Identify SYNONYMS or ANTONYMS of an underlined word in a sentence from a field of choices while adding buttons to the gingerbread cookie for each word.
CLICK HERE for a playable preview of this activity.
ABOUT BOOM CARDS
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
You may be eligible for a free trial from Boom Learning. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial. If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading). You will not be charged when your free trial expires.
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.