Products in this Bundle (3)
Compare and Contrast for DAYS...with this bundle of two ginger-book companions and a bonus Ninjabread Man set of comprehension game materials!
The Ninjabread Man Companion:
Use these literacy materials along with the book The Ninjabread Man by C.J. Leigh for a fun twist on the classic tale! Loads of opportunities for comparing and contrasting!
Many of the printables are differentiated so you can reach lots of different levels of learners! 73 pages of Ninjabread Man fun!
- Ninjabread Man or Gingerbread Man? compare the characters
- Ninjabread Man or Gingerbread Man? compare the settings
- Story Prediction Printables (three levels of difficulty)
- Story Response Printables (three levels)
- Ninjabread or Gingerbread? Compare and Contrast the Whole Story
- Problem and Solution
- Story Elements
- Sequencing: with pictures, some text or more text options
- Cut and Glue Activities
- ABC Order Printable with words from the story
- Punctuation Printable
- If I Was a Ninja Animal: Creative Response Activity
- Comprehension Questions
- Fill in the blanks
- Text to Self
- Creative Writing Printables with each of the characters from the story
- Each page is available in black and white or color so you can choose!
- Not every page is represented in the preview!
The Gingerbread Man Book Companion:
Wow!! 85 pages of Fairy Tale Fun with The Gingerbread Man!
Designed just for KINDERGARTEN and FIRSTIES.... Also perfect for a special education classroom or a SLP setting! This is a very comprehensive set of materials to go along with the story and includes many different levels for your students!
This unit follows the story sequence and characters from the book Retold by Louise Martin and Illustrated by Gail Yerrill...I have included a link for a video reading of the story in case you can't find a copy of the book! This set of materials also includes a reader for your kids that follows the sequence of that version.
The character sequence in this story is:
Old Woman, Old Man, Pig, Cow, Horse and Fox
Emergent Reader (2) Differentiated... One with more text, one with less
Pocket Chart Materials
Gingerbread Man Roll and Cover Math Game
Beginning, Middle and End
Lots of Sequencing Cut and Glue Activities
Graphing Activity and Recording Sheet
Story Picture Sequencing Cards
Story Sentence Sequencing Cards
Themed Writing Paper
**Because there are so many different versions of this classic tale, it makes putting together a set of materials a little more difficult. I have researched different popular books available for The Gingerbread Man and I decided to include picture sequencing cards for THREE OTHER VERSIONS OF THE STORY IN ADDITION TO THE VERSION I PICKED TO USE! That way if you have a copy of one of these, you can use the picture cards for sequencing and compare and contrast activities!
Catherine McCafferty's Version Sequencing Picture Cards
**Old Woman, Old Man, Cat, Snake, Goose and Fox Cards
Jim Aylesworth's Version Sequencing Picture Cards
**Old Woman, Old Man, Butcher, Cow, Pig and Fox
Paul Galdone's Version Sequencing Picture Cards
**Old Woman, Old Man, Cow, Horse, Threshers and Fox
This is a very comprehensive set of materials to go along with the fairy tale!
The GRAPHICS are the BEST!!!
Ninjabread Man Comprehension Activities:
Make comprehension fun with this true or false game!
Read the book The Ninjabread Man by C.J. Leigh and...when you are done, extend the learning with this set of 30 true or false comprehension cards with recording sheets, answer keys and a game board!
- 30 Comprehension true or false question cards (without the answers)
- 30 Comprehension true or false question cards (with the answers included)
- Ninjabread Man Themed Game Board: Incorporates fun themes from the story....If you land on the Sensei and stop to meditate and lose a turn! If you land on the Ninja Bear....your break the board and get a free turn!
- Answer Key
- Recording Sheet
So many ways to use this...
- Literacy Center
- Small Group Reading Activity
- Checking for Comprehension
- SCOOT game
Please follow my store for new products and freebies!
Anything you need, just send me a message through my store pages question and answer tab...I promise to respond quickly and try to get you whatever you may need!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
✏ Please go to your My Purchases page
✏Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
✏Click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a comment for the product.
✏Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you
feedback credits that you use to offset the cost of any further purchases!
✏ I appreciate your feedback and your purchase!
❤️I realize you can purchase from so many talented authors on TpT...but the fact that you picked my resource for YOUR class makes me so grateful!
❤️Your ratings are helpful when creating new products and updating current ones! My hope is that you are 100% satisfied and feel you can give the product a 4 star rating. If not, please send me a question/comment if there is something I can do to improve your downloaded purchase.