Keep your students engaged during math instruction in the month of December with these five GINGERBREAD THEMED math tubs activities!
1. Cookie Time - Students will pair digital clocks with matching analog clocks (time to the hour/half hour).
2. A House for Near Doubles - Students will use the strategy of “near doubles” to match an equation with the correct sum.
3. Sweet Sequencing! - Students will correctly name the next number from a sequence.
4. 3 Cookie Addition - Students will add 3 numbers by using the strategy of looking for numbers that make ten.
5. Missing from the Batch - Students will solve equations for the “unknown,” or the missing addend.
These activities were designed with first grade curriculum standards in mind, but could be used with high achieving kindergarteners or for second grade intervention.