Students always love reading the different Gingerbread versions - there are so many fun ones to choose from! I’ve taken my favorite gingerbread versions and created a week-long unit to extend the learning and fun with all these different versions. Students will practice retelling stories, comparing and contrasting different versions, and even get the chance to write their own version! There is so much great learning happening here, but the students are having so much fun they don’t even realize it!
This product contains a whole week's worth of gingerbread themed plans (91 pages worth!!)! Each day contains a few read alouds and many no-prep activities! Your students will absolutely love the included scavenger hunt for their runaway gingerbread people! There are two different versions of emergent readers to go with the classic gingerbread stories! The product contains bonus activities including extra read alouds and activities and Roll a Gingerbread Cookie! This unit is wonderful for teaching students to compare and contrast stories! There are several pages to support this!
DIGITAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDED! You will get the links to .pdf printable activities and unit plans, Seesaw activities, and Google Slides.
Read more about my Gingerbread week in this blog post!
If you want to try part of this unit out, check out the two freebies I have!
Literacy Skills Addressed:
- Students will practice writing responses and drawing a related picture.
- Students will compare and contrast different versions of texts.
- Students will practice reading grade-level texts with purpose and understanding.
- Students will practice writing their own version.
Math Skills Addressed:
- Students will practice subitizing numbers 1-6
Gingerbread Activities Included:
- Gingerbread Man emergent reader
- Gingerbread Boy emergent reader
- Gingerbread Man retelling activities (2 versions)
- Gingerbread Boy retelling activities (2 versions)
- Gingerbread Man and Gingerbread Boy compare and contrast (2 versions)
- Blank compare and contrast sheets (2 versions)
- Gingerbread Man Loose in School wanted posters (4 versions)
- Gingerbread Man Scavenger Hunt Letters to Students and Clues (black and white and color versions included)
- Gingerbread Baby’s House (2 versions)
- Gingerbread Girl Response Sheet
- Gingerbread Girl Decoration
- Gingerbread Girl and Gingerbread Boy compare and contrast (2 versions)
- Gingerbread Cowboy response sheets
- Gingerbread Bear response sheets
- Gingerbread Bear decoration sheet
- If I Were a Gingerbread Cookie… (2 versions)
- Make Your Own Gingerbread Story planning sheet (2 versions)
- Make Your Own Gingerbread Story writing paper (2 versions)
- Decorate Your Own gingerbread (2 versions)
- Gingerbread puppet
- Roll a Gingerbread Cookie (2 versions)
- The Runaway Dreidel response sheets (2 sheets)
- The Matzo Ball Boy response sheet
- The Runaway Walk response sheets (3 sheets)
- Senorita Gordita response sheets (2 sheets)
- Stop That Pickle! response sheet
Bonus Information Included:
- Week-long unit plan
- Links to books on Amazon
- Daily plans and activities
Resources You May Also Love:
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers to be first to know when I post new products!
⭐️⭐️ Did you know that leaving reviews can earn you FREE credits to apply to future Teachers Pay Teachers products?! Click here to get started! ⭐️⭐️
This product is licensed for personal classroom use unless multiple licenses are purchased.
Copyright Kindergarten Cafe