Gingerbread and ginger snap cookies are holiday treats that can be used for hands-on Christmas science activities and experiments that are full of inquiry and math integration. Since gingerbread and gingersnaps are very similar the experiments in this resource can be run using either cookie. The activities and experiments employ the scientific method and are ideal for grades 3-6. The activities are all easy to run and easy to set up for. This resource contains all of the activities below.
- The solubility and buoyancy of ginger cookies in different solutions. Two separate activity sheets are provided so you can differentiate the activity. An teacher observational key is included.
- How much water (or milk) can an ginger cookie absorb?
- The ginger cookie drop
- Ginger cookie math
- Average mass of ginger cookies
- Can a ginger cookie survive a vinegar-baking soda reaction?
- Mass, volume and density of ginger cookies. Activity worksheet included.
- Gingersnap or gingerbread cookie boats
- Simple chemical analysis of ginger cookies
All procedures and result tables provided. Simply print and use.
Link to Christmas Science Home Page
Christmas Science Home Page
Copyright © DrDavesScience. All rights reserved by author, including copyrighted images. This product is strictly for individual use and may not be copied for other teachers. The file itself may not be forwarded to other individuals unless multiple copies have been purchased. The file may not be edited or modified in any way and may not be uploaded onto any digital or online file sharing platform unless permission has been granted by DrDavesScience.