This Gingerbread Unit is jam packed with 50 pages of activities that are aligned to the Common Core Standards for Literature and Writing. It includes 2 activities that relate to the standards on informational text. A total of 10 different CCCS standards are covered with this unit. Fun and Educational way to incorporate the standards into a holiday/winter themed unit. This unit is versatile and can be used to enhance your curriculum or be used as a themed unit.
Included in this Gingerbread to the Core Unit are:
1. 6 Gingerbread literature book suggestions that can be used with this unit. ( Not essential in using this unit.)
2. Compare and Contrast - RL. 9
3. Gingerbread man character map with evidencing the text. RL.3
4. Elements of a Folktale using The Gingerbread Man story. RL.2 and RL.6.
5. Point of View Postcards using characters from The Gingerbread Man story. RL.6
6. Gingerbread Man argumentative/persuasive writing activity. W.1,
W.4 ,and W.5
7. FIVE Literacy Stations
a.Gingerbread Noun/Verb Sort L.I.9
b Making Words
c. It’s time for tea and cookies! Making Connections
d. It’s All In The Recipe. Sequencing Activity R.I.3
e.What’s the Main Idea? RI.2