Thank you for purchasing the Giraffe Layered Book. This fun and interactive activity encourages students to research this great animal, gathering a plethora of knowledge to fill their layered book with.
Within the layered book, your students will be asked to record the following:
- Baby Giraffe Weight
- Adult Giraffe Weight
- Height of Baby Giraffe
- Height of Adult Giraffe
- Scientific Name
- Class of Vertebrates Giraffes Belong To
- Number of Giraffe Subspecies
- List Giraffe Subspecies
- How Giraffes use Long Neck to Keep Safe
- What Giraffe “Horns” are called“
- Do all Giraffes Have These “Horns”?
- Number of Vertebrae in a Giraffe’s Neck
- Threats to Baby Giraffes
- Identify where Giraffes live on Map of Africa
- Type of Habitat Giraffes Live In
- Number of African Countries Giraffes are Extinct In
- Closest Relative to the Giraffe
- FIVE Giraffe Analogies
- What You Call a Group of Giraffes
- What You Call a Baby Giraffe
- What You Call a Male Giraffe
- Length of a Giraffe’s Tongue
- Color of a Giraffe’s Tongue
- Rate of Heart Beat
- How Fast a Giraffe Runs
- How a Giraffe Sleeps
- PLUS a Spot to Draw a Giraffe
This flip flap book was born out of my daughter’s love for giraffes. She is often rattling off facts about her favorite animal, but she wanted to know more. This layered book engages students as they research this majestic mammal.
What makes this layered book a true gem is how amazing the finished product is. Once all the research, drawing, and coloring is complete, your students are left with a book to show off. It’s sure to be something they are quite proud of!
All pages print on 8.5” x 11” paper, so print it out and get going!
Thank you again for your purchase of the Giraffe Layered Book. I hope that you love it as much as I do.
Certified Teacher and Home Educator