This Giraffes Can't Dance Read Aloud Book Guide challenges students to analyze and learn life lessons from this 1999 children's book by Giles Andreae. Explore Gerald's inability to dance, how he is treated by the other animals and what allows him to break his breakthrough. Ask students to use context to construct meaning for the word 'prance' and find the rhyming pattern in each stanza.
This product includes:
- 12 high-level, short answer, page-by-page questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
- A bonus page is included that allows students to define each of style if teacher's decide to expand on this part of the book (see sample questions)
- A student book guide, PDF printer friendly version (7 pages)
- A student book guide, PDF digital fillable form version (7 pages)
- An answer key (7 pages) IS included with this book guide, however answers may vary as students are often encouraged to construct their own meaning
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
Note: To make it easy to see which pages correspond to each question on the book guide, a description of the corresponding illustration is listed next to each question.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this book guide is suitable for your students.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool to read aloud the book and share the pictures with your students
- Pause for discussion after all or designated questions and give students time to respond
General Tips for Using this Book Guide:
- Print one, double-sided book guide for each student
- Preview the questions ahead of time to see if any tweaks need to made to suit your students
- Encourage discussions and further questions, but discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
★You're In Good Hands★
Although this book guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 3,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★★ average.
Earn with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my