Speech Therapy jungle style! Language and articulation fun perfect for zoo themes too. Packed with story comprehension activities, yes/no and wh questions, multiple meanings, synonyms, antonyms, and more. This pack includes ready to go activities for a variety of levels from PK to early elementary so you can use one wonderful storybook across your caseload!
Use this story companion after reading the adorable Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae. I am not affiliated with the author, and the book is not included.
• Phonological Awareness- rhyme, syllable counting, initial sound isolation
• Answering Questions: Yes/No, What Doing, Who? What? Where? Why?
• Vocabulary: Synonyms, Definitions, Categories, Multiple Meanings
• Story Comprehension: Answering wh? questions, Inference, Sequencing and Retell with 5 levels of support
• Syntax- Possessives ‘s
• Articulation: Initial and Final “j”
Ink-Saving Low Color Printing options provided! No color? No worries! Can also be printed in grayscale.
56 Useable Pages, 22 Learning Activities plus the adorable Hoofin it Home Game. Open-ended motivational activity for any skill targeted.
8 Language Activities for Younger Students:
• 10 Level 1 Word Wall Cards
• 18 Level 1 Yes/No question cards for Pre-K to K
• 18 Who? Question Cards- Naming to Description
• 18 Where? Question Cards
• 18 What Doing? Question cards
• 18 Animal Category Sorting cards with 2 Jungle/Farm Animal sorting mats
• Whose Feet? Card match and sentence mat. Answer who? Questions and use possessive ‘s.
• 4 Jungle Bungle Dough Mats: Using possessive ‘s’. Make the animal’s missing body parts.
10 Language Activities for Older Students:
• 18 Story Comprehension Cards
• 18 Level 2 Yes/No Question cards for grades 1-2
• 18 Story Vocabulary Definition Cards
• 27 Category Cards: naming category members
• 26 Opposites cards (13 pairs)
• 9 Multiple Meaning Cards
• 9 Inference Cards
• 10 Level 2 Word Wall Cards
• Story Map
• Write Your Own Story: I Learned How
3 Articulation Activities:
• 15 Initial J Cards
• 15 Final J Cards
• “Spotting” Initial J: Say & Color Home Practice Worksheet
• 9 Story Sequencing cards with multiple level visual support mats
4 Phonological Awareness Activities:
• How Many Syllables? Dot Marker Sheet
• 36 Do These Words Rhyme? Cards
• Jungle Rhymes: Find and write rhyming word pairs.
• Turtley Terrific Initial Sounds Worksheet
Adorable Open-Ended Board Game
• Hoofin’ It Home
• Labels for your convenience
• Blank Card Template for you to make your own cards.
You may also like the following speech therapy products. Just click the green text to see more.
Smiley Shark Speech Therapy Book Companion
Snowmen at Night Speech Therapy Companion
Monsters Munch! Speech Therapy Prepositions Game
Speech Therapy Animal Artic Bingo Riddle Bundle- R, L, S
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom or therapy room so I can create more for you. ☺