"Girl With a Pearl Earring" is a movie based on Tracy Chevalier's book which tries to decipher the mystery behind this beautiful Vermeer's painting, and to portray the life and the time of the painter. You can use this material both after watching the movie, or after reading the book.
I have created these activities to make my students acquainted with the painting, to arouse their interest in art and to develop their critical thinking skills.
Table of contents:
1. Activity 1: Reading “Who was Vermeer?”
2. Activity 2: Reading Comprehension - True or False
3. Activity 3: Webquest on Jan Vermeer
4. Activity 4: Word search on Jan Vermeer
5. Activity 5: Matching Columns
6. Activity 6: Reading “What else do you know?”
7. Activity 7: Creative Writing
8. Activity 8: Coloring Vermeer’s Palette
9. Activity 9: Coloring The Girl