Crossword which tests students' understanding of key vocabulary in the study of Glaciation.
There are 36 words. These include
- General Terms (Erosion, Deposition)
- Processes of Erosion (Abrasion, Plucking, Freeze Thaw Action)
- Features resulting from Erosion (Arete, Cirque, Fjord, Glaciated Valley, Ribbon Lakes, Kettle Lakes, Paternoster Lakes, Hanging Valley, Tarn, Pyramidal Peak, Truncated Spur, Corrie)
- Features caused by Deposition (Moraines, Lateral, Medial, Terminal, Drumlin, Outwash Plain, Erratic, Esker)
- Specific Keywords (Glacier, Ice Age, Ice Sheet, Crevasse, Snowline, Snout, Interglacial)
I use this crossword as a fun activity after the study of a unit on Glaciation. It's a useful tool for re-enforcing knowledge. Alternatively, it could be used for assessment. Although it's an active learning resource, students seem to enjoy it.
A word bank is included to assist students. You could redact this to make it more challenging.
The solution is also included. To see the grid and all of the words used in the puzzle, download the preview file. This is the solution.