This is a book companion for the book "Glad Monster, Sad Monster" by Ed Emberley. Each of the 8 activities fit perfectly into the photo containers from Michael's or Hobby Lobby.
1. Fishing for Emotions - Included are 6 labeled emotion cards and 4 cards per emotion. Attach a paper clip to each card, attach a magnet to a pole and let the students go fishing! Students match what they catch to the labeled. Use all the emotions or just a few, it's up to you!
2. Color Match - 8 cards - Students use a clothespin to pick the matching color.
3. Cause and Effect - 6 cards, each with 3 answer choices - Students choose cards that made the different monsters feel a certain way.
4. Yes/No Questions - 10 cards
5. Monster Count - 1-10 - Students count the monster and choose the correct number. Includes numbers that match the color of the corresponding monster and black numbers.
6. Rhyming Words - 10 cards - Includes matching colored frames and black frames
7. Syllable Sort - 1 and 2 syllable words - 8 answer choices
8. Beginning Sounds - letters s, m, w and g - 5 picture answers per card
1. song "If you're glad and you know it"
2. 15 cards with pictures and words (all lowercase and all uppercase)
3. art/writing "My monster is _______"
Thank you for looking and Happy Teaching!