Also included in
- Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for common phonological patterns and found that your students don't understand what you are asking them to do? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (e.g., introducing the idea of "tail sound$51.75$57.50Save $5.75
- This highly requested Minimal Pairs Mega Bundle is for SLPs who want to:❶ Understand the minimal pairs approach with a comprehensive evidence review.❷ Implement minimal pairs using high quality cards, metaphors, and stories.It contains SEVEN resources in total: A comprehensive, 115 page Minimal Pair$114.75$127.50Save $12.75
- Minimal pairs therapy is one of the oldest and well-known phonological interventions. This comprehensive packet contains visual and metaphonological cues in the form of a child-friendly story to make "teaching the rule" easier to understand for children.✅-- This COMPLETE bundle contains 'toolkits' f$93.50$110.00Save $16.50
Have you ever tried minimal pairs therapy for gliding and found that your students don't understand what you are asking them to do? What if you could read your student a story that explains their speech errors in a child-friendly manner (introducing the idea of running and gliding sounds), and then pair it with visuals and concepts that you can use to cue your student throughout the therapy process.
DOWNLOAD this toolkit if you want to:
- Understand the steps in minimal pairs therapy
- Complete familiarization and auditory discrimination tasks in a print or digital format
- Get a list of multisensory activity ideas to help teach the concept
- Have a set of high-quality minimal cards
- Use the print or digital story to introduce the phonological cues
- Evidence-based information about minimal pairs therapy
This resource is intended to be the STARTING PLACE for minimal pairs therapy.
FIRST Introduce the concept that there are Running sounds and Gliding sounds by reading the child-friendly story and completing some of the hands-on learning activities.
NEXT By using the print or digital version, complete familiarization and auditory discrimination activities so that you students understand and can hear the difference between the pairs.
THEN Use these Running and Gliding concepts as cues as you engage in drill-play games using the beautifully illustrated minimal pairs cards.
DID YOU KNOW that this resource is part of a six-series bundle? You get a discount when you purchase the complete Minimal Pairs Toolkit
Word targets in this packet:
- L-W (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- R-W (8 pairs - 16 cards)
- L-Y (8 pairs - 16 cards)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PACKET?
✅ -- Evidence-based practice rationales and minimal pairs flowchart
✅ -- Multisensory activities to help support the phonological concept.
✅ -- Minimal pairs word lists
✅ -- Running and Gliding Sound visuals (in various sizes to fit on task boxes etc.)
✅ -- 48 minimal pairs cards in color + black and white
✅ -- A print and digital copy called ‘My Gliding Story’ which introduces the metalinguistic concepts of running and gliding sounds.
✅ -- A digital copy set of cards for familiarization and auditory discrimination
Feedback from SLP’s like you:
“These stories are great for trying to explain tricky concepts to children and to get them thinking about the sound they are making. I love them!”
“This resource is great! I love the story to introduce the concept. I feel like this is the most successful way to introduce a concept to my students. The pictures are bright and engaging too. Thanks for another great resource!”
“Lovely, evidence-based resource to use with my younger students. I particularly love the story element and physical cues that my little ones can latch on to.”
“Such a great resource! It was relatable and engaging for my student. The story helped so much and really made things click!”
FEEL PREPARED & GET THE MINIMAL PAIRS TOOLKIT BUNDLE!
If you are looking for some more in this series then look at:
• The discounted bundle - this includes everything you see below at a sale price!
Rebecca Reinking is an SLP who works privately with children who have speech sound disorders. She has a particular interest in phonological interventions and strives to connect and collaborate with speech scientists to bridge the gap between research and clinical practice.
Watch my minimal pair videos on Instagram: @adventuresinspeechpathology
Learn more about phonological therapy and join my email list.
Send me an email: email@example.com