This is a culminating task for the Global Communities unit in the Grade 2 Ontario Social Studies curriculum. It is a report outline that asks students to research and report on a country.
This PDF document includes 17 pages including:
- 1 page of teaching tips, assessment guidelines, and links to the Ontario curriculum
- a chart for students to organize their research
- 8 pages of graphic organizers to report information about location, climate, population, food, homes, animals, plants, jobs, recreation, and other interesting facts. Students are also asked to discuss two ways that people in their chosen country use their natural environment, as well as compare their own life with that of a person living in their chosen country.
- a self-assessment chart based on "I-statements"
- 5 teacher recording charts for observations based on learning goals
Thanks for visiting!