Global Warming Explained (pg703)
Also included in
- This is a bundle of all of the lessons, labs, PowerPoints, and worksheets for Unit 7: Environmental Science. The bundle also includes the Unit 7 Test and its answer key. For a walkthrough of the unit, including pictures and videos, please click here.Price $14.99Original Price $23.00Save $8.01
- This bundle includes an entire year's worth of material. It includes lessons, labs, projects, tests and more. The seven units include are as follows:Unit 1 - Forces and MotionUnit 2 - ChemistryUnit 3 - GeneticsUnit 4 - EvolutionUnit 5- AstronomyUnit 6 - Earth's SystemsUnit 7 - Environmental ScienceTPrice $100.00Original Price $139.00Save $39.00
Today, we introduced the topic of global warming using the PowerPoint posted above. The presentation down the case for Global Warming into four main arguments:
1. The Earth is warming rapidly.
2. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere trap heat.
3. Humans produce large amounts of greenhouse gases.
4. The consequences will be harmful to humans.
The presentation did not specifically tell students what to believe. And it didn't explicitly connect the dots between each of the four arguments. Instead, it allowed students to connect the dots themselves. And for most, the connections were obvious. Yes, the Earth is getting warmer. Yes, greenhouses gases make a planet warmer. Yes, we are adding a lot of greenhouses gases to our atmosphere. And yeah, it’s going to suck.