Mini Research Project: Global Warming
Essential Question: What must the U. S. and world governments do to regulate and create incentives for action to help to reverse global warming?
Task: Students are given 3 resources and are asked to read, watch, and take notes on the 3 resources. Students are to then state a clear thesis statement about the topic and write an informative paper that clearly supports the students reasoning using specific evidence gathered from the various texts. This is an opinion free informative writing task.
- 3 resources (title, author, links)
- Note space (may use additional paper if needed)
- Rough Draft Guide (based on a 5 paragraph essay format)
- Editor's checklist
- Final Draft request with Rubric
- Final Draft Paper
- Optional Page to Create a "Word Cited Page"
This is a fantastic way to encourage independent thinking skills, practice informative writing skills, and build student's ability to conduct research in a guided format.