The following worksheet and accompanying PowerPoint focuses on developing successful map and timeline skills. It is typically taught during the first unit of the Global/World History curriculum. The lesson seeks to actively engage students in a variety of activities designed to improve their map and timeline skills such as:
• Map analysis – physical, political, and thematic – includes several questions designed to promote understanding and critical thinking.
• Steps for reading a map
• Several multiple-choice questions where map reading skills are required.
• Each student develops a timeline of his/her own life.
• Discussion of BC/AD and BCE/CE
• Steps for reading a timeline
PowerPoint includes 9 slides containing all the maps required to successfully complete this lesson.
NEW! - Lesson Plan (with step by step teacher moves) and answer key included!
This lesson can be easily modified to fit a longer or shorter class period since it was developed on a Word Document. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products are uploaded. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!