The following lesson focuses on developing successful map and timeline skills. It is typically taught during the first unit of the Global/World History curriculum. The lesson seeks to actively engage students in a variety of activities designed to improve their map and timeline skills such as:
• Map analysis – physical, political, and thematic – includes several questions designed to promote understanding and critical thinking.
• Steps for reading a map
• Several multiple-choice questions where map reading skills are required.
• Each student develops a timeline of his/her own life.
• Discussion of BC/AD and BCE/CE
• Steps for reading a timeline
I also offer the PowerPoint that compliments this lesson separately...
Global/World History Skills - Maps and Timelines PowerPoint
...or both the worksheet and the PowerPoint bundled together...
Global/World History Skills - Maps and Timelines Worksheet and PowerPoint Combo
This lesson can be easily modified to fit a longer or shorter class period since it was developed on a Word Document. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. Please follow me to receive notifications when new products are uploaded. Finally, please take a moment to rate this worksheet! Thanks!
I also offer this lesson bundled with three others from the Foundations of Global History unit...
Bundle #1 - Foundations of Global/World History Common Core