Love monsters? Then this bright, colorful speech and language story companion is for you. It's packed with speech therapy activities for WH questions, Yes/No questions, position concepts, categories, following directions, verb tense, regular plurals, object function, final s-blends, building sentence length and more.
Go Away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly is a favorite book for Halloween or anytime children want to shoo away scary monsters! You'll love reading it to your preschool through first graders. Then grab this pack and the many activities will have your caseload covered for your little ones. Planning done!
This pack contains companion speech and language activities only. I am not affiliated with the author. The book is not included.
No Color Ink? No problem. Ink-Saving BW Printing options provided!
• Position Concepts: Expressive and Receptive Prepositions
• Object Function
• Answering Where? Questions
• Answering Yes/No Questions
• Expressive Use of Descriptive words (size + color + noun)
• Categories: Animals, People, Things
• Labeling Feelings
• Same/Different Matching
• Building MLU/ Sentence length
• Sentence Structure
• Forming complete sentences
• Irregular Past Tense: Eat/ate
• Third Person Singular (eats)
• Regular plurals
• Following Directions (object + location)
• Naming to a Description
• Labeling Common Objects: Expressive and Receptive
• Shapes: matching and labeling
• Articulation: Initial and final /g/ at the word and sentence level
• Articulation: Initial /m/ at the word and sentence level
• Articulation: Final s-blends: /ts/, /ps/, /ks/
➤CONTENTS: Total of 44 Useable Pages, 12 Learning Activities, Plus CHOMP! a fun open-ended Game
• The Monster’s Room: position concepts and answering Where? Questions. Includes:
• Cookie Sheet/ Barrier Activity: Monster’s Room: This empty room scene teaches following directions and story-telling when used with the cut-outs. Includes:
• 26 Initial /g/ Picture Cards
• 26 Final /g/ Picture Cards
• 26 Initial /m/ Picture Cards
• 36 Object Function Cards: How do you use the pictured object? Use also for expressive naming and receptive identification of common objects.
• Object Function Data Sheet
• Category Sorting Mat: Use with the artic cards and sort by animal, person or thing
• 9 Yes/No Story Comprehension Question Cards to use after reading the book Go Away, Big Green Monster by Ed Emberly.
• 8 half-page Monster Smash Dough Mats: Smash the dough as you say the sentence. Go away ___ ___ monster. Practice sentence structure, expressive use of descriptive words (size + color + noun), and facilitate increased MLU. Target sentence level initial and final /g/, initial /m/.
• Chomp! An open-ended game: Spin the spinner to see how many teeth to add to the monster’s mouth. Use the included “teeth” or use candy corn for even more fun. Don’t let him bite!
• 2 Monster Menu Mats: What does the monster eat? Put the “menu item” in his tummy and practice forming sentences with eat/ate/eats.
• 48 Monster Menu Circle Cards: Silly things the monster eats. Target regular plurals and final s-blends /-ts/, /-ps/ /-ks/
• 2 Shape Monsters Mats/ File Folder Games: Find the monsters that are the same and match them. Can you name the shape? (16 shapes)
❤ Can't get enough of cute little monsters? Check out my Monster's Munch Bundle. Find it here:
❤ For even more fun, you may also like:
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺