Your students will have a blast practicing their Fry Sixth 100 sight words with a lively game of Go Fish!
Print this eduprintable on card stock and laminate for durability. Cut along the dotted lines to create the decks, keeping each deck separate.
There is a total of 300 cards, consisting of the Sixth 100 Fry Sight Words each in 3 shapes: circle, square and triangle.
The 300 cards are split into 5 decks of 60 cards each. Each 60 card deck covers 20 of the Sixth 100 Fry Sight Words. Keep the decks separate, as your students will only play with 1 or 2 decks at a time.
1. Choose a deck to play with. Deal cards to each player. For 2 to 4 players, deal 7 cards to each player. For more than 4 players, deal 5 cards to each player.
2. Spread out the remaining cards face down in a “pool” in front of the players. The pool can be messy and cards can overlap.
3. Select a player to go first (usually the dealer). Players take turns in clockwise order.
4. During their turn, a player may ask any other player for a particular word card, if they have a card with that word in their hand. For example, Nina has a triangle card with the word dance. Nina may ask Miles if he has any cards with the word dance. If Miles has any cards with the word dance, Miles must give those cards to Nina. If Miles doesn't have any cards with the word dance, then Miles says "go fish". Nina must then take a card from the pool. If Nina gets the cards she asked for, either from Miles or the pool, Nina gets another turn. If a player collects all three shape cards for a word, this is called a book. When a player makes a book, they must put those cards face up in front of them and that player gets another turn.
5. If a player runs out of cards and there are still cards left in the pool, that player can choose any five cards from the pool (or if less than five cards are left in the pool, the player gets all of the cards in the pool).
6. The game is over when all books have been made. The player with the most books is the winner.
Choose 2 decks to play with. For 2 to 4 players, deal 10 cards to each player. For more than 4 players, deal 7 cards to each player.
During their turn, a player may ask any other player for 2 different word cards, as long as they have cards with those words in their hand.
You may also like:
Go Fish! Fry First 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Second 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Third 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Fourth 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Fifth 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Sixth 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Seventh 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Eighth 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Ninth 100 Sight Word Deck
Go Fish! Fry Tenth 100 Sight Word Deck
Follow me by clicking on the green star on any of my pages to learn about my new products, sales, and discounts.
Leave feedback and receive TpT credit:
You can build up TpT credit by leaving feedback on my products. Submit feedback when you purchase, or go to My Purchases at any time for a list of your purchases. Next to each product title, you'll find a Leave Feedback button. Click and leave a comment to receive the credits. Go to My TpT Credits at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Tptcredits to find out how to redeem credits on any future TpT purchase.