This lesson contains the following:
1. A reading with the rules to Go Fish.
2. FAQs to aid comprehension of the rules.
3. A standard playing card deck with target questions (Do you have any...?) on the face of each card (Use a colour printer for hearts and diamonds)
4. Card backs with target structures.
This lesson is most suitable for learners with the following characteristics:
1. All ages
2. High beginners or low intermediates: learners who still struggle with question formation, plurals, and short answers.
3. Learners who are unfamiliar with the card game Go Fish
About this lesson:
This unit is an excerpt from Actively Engaged at College (ISBN 978-0-9938308-0-8) adapted for for TeachersPayTeachers.com. I developed this lesson for French-speaking ESL junior college students in Montreal, Canada. The students always enjoy it, but they need to be monitored for pronunciation and use of target structures. It is easy to be distracted by the game and forget to practice the target structures on the back of the cards.
The illustrations are by Pat Stevens. The copyright for all images and text belongs to me, Nicholas Walker, the sole proprietor of Bokomaru Publications. Find out more about me and my products and websites at BokomaruPublications.com.