Help all of your students understand basic subtraction
concepts and excel on their math tests with this fabulous resource!
*This resource can be used in conjunction with Go Math! for first grade, but will work great with any math program!
Two Ways to Use These Materials:
- Use the items included in this pack as extra practice for each lesson in independent and small group/one-one-one settings.
- Before you give your students a math test, give them the Chapter Review/Test from the text (not included) as a formative assessment. Then analyze the results to form groups and plan meaningful instruction that targets your students’ specific weaknesses. This way, you can maximize your instructional time. Use just the pages that your group needs in order to improve.
NOTE: These materials have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original Go Math! work on which this material is based.
- 27 Pages with 72 Subtraction Concept Items (Items are organized by content focus and Go Math Lesson)
- Content Focus: using pictures to show taking from, modeling taking from, subtracting all or zero, modeling taking apart, solving problems my making a model, using pictures to compare, subtracting to compare, taking apart numbers, subtracting from 10 or less, modeling a subtraction word problem, and using models and equations to identify solutions
Download the preview to get a look at what is included.
* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
Check Out these other Resources for Mathematics:
Addition Concept Extra Practice, Supplemental & Aligned to Go Math Chapter 1 (First Grade)
Ready, Set, Make a Model! Using Bar Models to Solve Addition Problems
Ready, Set, Make a Ten! Using the Make a Ten Strategy to Add
Fun with Dominoes: Using Pictures and Models to Add