This Sight Word Activity will provide your kinder friends with practice identifying and reading their kindergarten sight words.
1. Print and laminate for durability.
2. Decide how many pairs you want players to use then deal equal amount of cards to each player and place the remaining cards in a pile on the middle of the table.
3. The first player will choose a card from their hand without showing it to the other player(s). He or she will ask another player if they have that word.
4. If the other player has the matching word, they must give it to the player. If they do not have the match, they will say “Go fish.” The asking player must then go fish and draw a card from the pile.
5. If a match is made by receiving a card from another player or by drawing from the center pile, the player keeps the match and gets a second turn. If a match is not made, the next player gets a turn
6. Continue until all the cards have been matched.
The fisherman or fisherwoman with the most matches wins the game!