This visual guide walks you through the initial set up and customization process for the GoTalk Now AAC app (+ more)
*** There is one topic per page with visuals ***
It is perfect for those who are brand new to the app and want screenshots for every step in the initial set up and also has more in-depth info for those who want to see examples of ways to use the app, info about switch scanning access, and much more…
This app has several features that could be helpful for Gestalt Language Processors.
Want more specific details about this product?
It is a 60 page PDF that covers the following areas:
- Setting the course
- Presume Potential
- Multimodal Communication
- Involving the child to foster ownership
- Core & Fringe Vocabulary
- Importance of having access to a keyboard area
- Begin with the end in mind
- The screens that will be seen during set up and as you begin making things in the app
- Tips for choosing a grid size
- Choosing a voice
- Different versions of the app
- Extra symbol libraries
- Other ways to find images to use
- Premade Communication Books available for download within the app
- Ways to use the app for communication, adapted leisure, early literacy, visual scenes, cause & effect, switch scanning, interactive videos, teaching steps in tasks, etc.
- How to find the Online Gallery
- Share Codes that will allow you to download 4 premade items from my private area on the Online Gallery:
- a book companion
- an interactive video
- a video modeling sequence for completing a task
- a set of three pages from the robust communication book that I created (Sensory, Emotions color coded for the Zones of Regulation, Incredible 5 Point Scale and self regulation strategies)
- Switch interfaces that work well with the app
- How to set up the Blue2 Bluetooth Switch for use in GoTalk Now
- Factors to consider when setting up switch access and links to several webinars
- How to find the in-app User’s Guide
- How to create a template
- How to upload a template to the Online Gallery
- How to download templates from the Online Gallery
- Settings within the app
- Options for backing up and sharing
- Areas on the screen in Page Editor mode
- Areas on the screen in Player mode
- GoTalk Now AAC App - Ideas and Sharing Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/gotalknowaacideasandsharing
- Attainment Company’s YouTube Channel and other good recorded webinars or videos for this app
- A link to an unlisted YouTube video (21:37) where I show how I created a fairly robust communication book in GoTalk Now
- The last page has the link to an unlisted YouTube video (37:31) that’s provided as a mini recorded webinar to supplement this resource
If you want links to be clickable, please view the PDF in the free Xodo app (), Books/iBooks app or other PDF viewer.
NOTE: This resource is intended to be used in Easel
Have questions? The best way to reach me with any questions is via messaging on the OMazing Kids Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OMazingKidsAAC/. That way messages don’t get lost among the spam in my e-mail.
Thanks for purchasing this product from my TPT store!
Angela Moorad, MS, CCC-SLP, Founder of OMazing Kids, LLC,
OMazing Kids AAC Consulting
Teachers Pay Teachers Store: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Omazing-Kids-Aac-Consulting