Also included in
- 90 LESSONS to encourage a growth mindset. Slideshow lessons, Handouts / Activities, Lesson reviews, Comprehensive lesson plans. Learning skills for school and life. FACE to FACE or ONLINE DISTANCE learningEncourage a GROWTH MINDSET through 6Cs 21st Century LIFE SKILLS. Students learn HOW to build ch$75.25$150.41Save $75.16
- EASY lessons. Great for the start of term or homeroom advisory classes. Amazing slideshow teaches SMART goal setting. Watch motivational videos. Print or edit handouts. Your week of lessons:Use the NO PREP Independent Writing packet Show the GOAL SETTING INTRO YouTube Video (SEOT 001)Put up the Grow$10.25$20.31Save $10.06
FREE Goal Setting handouts / writing activity / motivational videos for in-person or distance learning.
No prep PDF handouts or edit the Google Docs or Microsoft Word files.
Online Learning version lets students use Google Slides / Microsoft Powerpoint to fill in text boxes on the graphic organizer.
Includes 3 styles to help your students become the best version of themselves:
- New Year's 2021 resolutions
- Any time personal goals and resolutions
- Distance Learning goals and resolutions
Help your students adjust to a new world and distance learning.
- Reflect on challenges and successes of the past.
- Brainstorm things they want to do more of (and less of) starting today.
- Brainstorm the "why" behind their goals.
- Write a paragraph. (Optional rubric included.)
We don’t have to wait until the New Year to set goals. We can choose to get better anytime in the year, starting today:
- At the start of the school year or semester.
- After you get back a major assignment or report card.
- When you switch to online learning from in-person learning (or vice-versa)
- And yes, after New Year’s Eve!
BONUS #1: FREE slideshow to help students set SMART goals. Explain HOW to work smarter, and not just harder.
BONUS #2: Here are 20 optional videos about goal-setting that go well with this handout package.
Setting goals is easy. Achieving them requires work... sorry!
⭐ Teach a Growth Mindset. SAVE TIME and MONEY by using the 6 Cs / 21st Century Learning Skills MEGA bundle.
- Welcome video
- SEOT 1: Just start
- SEOT 2: Keep the streak alive
- SEOT 3: Measure progress
- SEOT 4: Stop, observe, wonder
- SEOT 5: Stop digging holes
- SEOT 6: Fail challenge
- SEOT 7: Check in
- SEOT 8: Get creative
- SEOT 9: Ask why
- SEOT 10: Set a timer
- SEOT 11: Stick to the plan
- SEOT 12: Procrastinate with purpose
- SEOT 13: Visualize success
- SEOT 14: Do the next right thing
- SEOT 15: Pivot and try something new
- SEOT 16: Write it down
- SEOT 17: Work backwards
- SEOT 18: Celebrate small wins
- SEOT 19: Find correlations
- SEOT 20: Play with mistakes
..... Sunday April 18, 2021 update: Sometimes, when life is tough, I need to slow down. What do you do when life is tough?
⭐ Teachers around the world have downloaded over 27,595 Educircles resources!
I gave away $200 (out of $500) in an online giveaway and kept the rest...
DID I CHEAT !?!
Maybe… Can your class prove if I did or didn’t?
⛔ Did I Cheat Educircles challenge: Win a $100 TpT gift card.
- Teach the FREE Did I Cheat critical thinking challenge
- Contest NOW OPEN! - Fill out this google form before June 30, 2021 - 11:59 PM (ET)
The next person to enter has a 100% chance of winning the $100 TpT gift card.
- I'm giving away $500 in total.
- There are 21 TpT gift cards to be won.
- 27 people have downloaded the free resource.
- 0 people have entered the contest so far.
- Odds of winning will change based on the number of entries received.
- For more information, visit http://educircles.org/did-i-cheat
FYI - in my last contest only 3 teachers entered!
- Kati won a $100 gift card!
- Emily and Sara both won $50 gift cards!
- I tend to have a low participation rate. Your chances of winning are epic!
✅ Answer 3 questions and RECEIVE a $10 TpT gift card!
- I have eight (8) $10 TpT gift cards left.
- Check your TpT inbox for the questions in my "Note to Followers"
- I sent this round of questions on April 5, 2021
- FOLLOW MY STORE to get the next set of questions!
✅ I gave away a $25 TpT gift card on Wed Apr 7, 2021
- Congratulations to Kadain (Belcamp, US) who won the $25 TpT gift card for April!
- Watch the video to see how they did it!
✅ Save hours of prep (and MONEY) with the bundle!
✅ Transferrable LIFE skills that go well with a CHANGING WORLD:
- ACTIVELY participate in our school, local and global community.
- COMMUNICATE more effectively AND assertively during tough conversations
- DEVELOP a GROWTH MINDSET to get through uncertain times.
- THINK CRITICALLY instead of reacting to fear.
- EVALUATE SYSTEMIC DISCRIMINATION: Think about how a system might impose unfair burdens on a group of people.
- DIVERSITY LESSON: ASK which groups of people are invisible? How can we help amplify the stories we're not hearing?
Product Change Log
2021b UPDATE (Feb 17, 2021): Any time personal goals / resolutions messaging
- Replaced language about New Year Resolutions with Anytime personal goal resolutions in the Read Me First PDF (FILE 1)
- Changed the No Prep print me first (FILE 0) to be a copy of the Any Time Personal Resolution handout (FILE 4) instead of the New Year’s 2021 resolutions. You know, seeing as January is over.
- Added links to 20 Goal Setting YouTube Videos.
- The rest of the handouts, files, and Google Drive links have not changed.
2021a UPDATE (Dec 18, 2020): Due to technical reasons with TpT’s online (Google) resource product format, I’ve switched back to a zipped format download.
- The zipped file includes: NO PRINT PDFs, Microsoft Word files (to edit the handouts) and Microsoft Powerpoint (for distance learning), PDF with links to make your own copy of Google Docs and Google Slides files.
- Includes 3 versions: 2021 New Year’s Resolution (FILE 3), Any Time Personal Resolution (FILE 4), Distance Learning Check-Ins #1 and Check-In #2 (FILE 5 and FILE 6)
2021 UPDATE (Dec 9, 2020): This file has been updated into a one-click copy Google Drive product. There is a link in FILE 2 that will let you download a dropbox zipped file with the Microsoft Word and Powerpoint files. The Distance Learning Check In packages are currently only available as MS Word and Powerpoint but I will upload Google Drive versions soon!
Handout Packet - Distance Learning Check In #1 (5 pages):
- Students reflect on great moments and tough obstacles since the pandemic started.
- Then, brainstorm goals and ways to overcome obstacles.
- Finally, students write a reflection paragraph about a personal goal.
Handout Packet - Distance Learning Check In #2 (8 pages):
- After students have had a chance to work on their personal goal, it's time for the next check in!
- Students reflect on great moments and tough obstacles since their last check-in.
- Then, brainstorm goals and ways to overcome obstacles.
- Students can choose to continue to work on the same goal, or to work on a different goal.
- They reflect on what happened when they tried to achieve their goal and what they could improve on to get better results.
- Finally, students write a reflection paragraph about their personal goal.
Version 1.0a: Initial release of Personal Resolution lesson
- Updated to include “any time” personal resolutions version
- Bundled with the New Year’s Resolution writing assignment
Version 1.0: Initial release of New Year’s 2020 Resolution lesson
- Zipped file with Microsoft Word, PDF versions.