Products in this Bundle (2)
Also included in
- 7 PRODUCTS to motivate your students during Back to School season! Amazing slideshow teaches SMART goal setting. EASY PREP! Watch motivational videos. Print or edit handouts. Use this package again and again every year!YOUR WEEK OF LESSONS:Use the NO PREP Independent Writing packet Show the GOAL SET$10.00$20.00Save $10.00
- SAVE TIME and MONEY! This bundle includes every single Educircles resource on my TpT store.As I add more resources, the price of this product will increase. This is because TpT caps the discount I can offer on products in a bundle. I can only reduce the price by 50% in a bundle.Once you buy this pro$114.75$229.16Save $114.41
NO PREP article / questions / video / answer key.
Help students achieve goals.
REMOTE LEARNING: Students type directly into textboxes on the
- interactive PDF using Easel by TpT™,
- or on the Google Slides™ version / Google Classroom™.
IN PERSON LEARNING:
- Print the NO PREP PDF
- or EDIT the Google Docs™ handout to fit your classroom needs.
What do you need to teach this lesson?
- FREE YouTube video lesson: https://youtu.be/v4DGKdQeTK0
- Handout Page 1: tidied up transcript of the video.
- Handout Page 2: reflection questions
- Answer key
is a way to think about how to achieve your goals. It’s an acronym. It stands for Strategies, Effort, Optimize, and Tinker.
SEOT Step to Success #3 is to MEASURE PROGRESS.
Find something you can count or measure to see how much you’re improving. If the numbers aren’t going in the right direction, we need to ask ourselves what could we do differently?
Imagine my goal is to visit my family who live in a different city. I can get in my car and drive all day in the wrong direction and still not end up at my family’s house.
In this example, counting the number of hours spent driving doesn’t necessarily track my progress towards my goal. (I mean, normally it does, if I’m driving on a road that leads me to my destination. But when we’re working on goals, it’s not always obvious if we’re doing the right stuff.)
Something else I could measure might be the number of kilometres from my current location to my final destination. If the distance gets smaller, it means I’m probably getting closer to my goal.
Take a moment to think about your goal. What could you measure to see if you’re making progress? What number do you need to reach in order to have a little celebration?
- According to this article, what are some obstacles that stop people from achieving their goals?
- Why do you think those obstacles stop people from working on their goals?
- How might this strategy help people to achieve their goals?
- Why might this strategy not help people to achieve their goals?
- Think about a goal that you want to achieve. What could you measure to see if you’re making progress? What number do you need to reach in order to have a little celebration?
- Here's the FREE YouTube video lesson which you can use for distance learning: https://youtu.be/i68_gYB6gHI
- The handout article is a tidied up transcription of the video.
- The answer key includes sample answers to the first 4 questions
THIS LESSON GOES WELL WITH...
- FREE slideshow:
- FREE video:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This lesson has two separate parts.
⭐ THIS IS THE MAIN PRODUCT "bundle" which includes part A and part B
SEOT 003 A contains:
- a printable version of the PDF
- a Google Docs version that you can edit
- a Google Slides version that students can type answers into textboxes
- an answer key
SEOT 003 B contains:
- the interactive PDF version - Easel by TpT™
----- THINGS TO KNOW:
Why did I split up my products like this?
- Sorry for the confusion.
- At the time of writing, TpT only allows single PDF products to be converted into the Easel by TpT interactive PDF format.
- This means we cannot create Easel by TpT interactive PDFs if the PDF is included inside of a zipped file product or a Google Drive™ product.
- So, as a work around, we have to create a separate product that has the Easel by TpT version and then "bundle" that with the rest of the files.
Not sure how to use Easel by TpT?
- Watch this introduction video by TpT
- Look at this TpT resource: Teachers: Getting Started with Easel Activities
What do I do if I purchased PART A or PART B and not the main product "bundle"?
- No problem.
- Purchase the main product "bundle" and then contact TpT to request a refund for the part (A or B) you already purchased.
- TpT's refund policy lets you get a full refund if you've purchased a resource twice (i.e. duplicate content) but you need to make sure the refund request is made within a year of purchase.
How are the REMOTE LEARNING handouts in this resource set up?
This resource offers 3 different file formats for online learning: Google Docs, Google Slides, and Easel by TpT.
There is a table in the Read Me First PDF / preview that summarizes the following information
Remote Learning Option: Google Docs file
- If you use give each student a copy of the Google Docs file, students will be able to type answers directly in the Google Docs.
- The page formatting will shift down as students type their answers.
- Teachers can edit the content of the handout.
Remote Learning Option: Google Slides file
- If you use give each student a copy of the Google Slides file, students will be able to type answers directly into text boxes.
- The page formatting will NOT change as students type their answers.
- If students type a lot in a text box, it will overlap the text below.
- Students are not usually able to edit the content of the handout. (It's a master slide, so it's not clickable unless you go into the Master Slide view.)
- Teachers can edit the content of the handout (by clicking on VIEW > MASTER).
- NOTE: Most teachers create interactive Google Slides by taking an image of the handout and using that as the background. This is NOT the case with this resource. You can edit the handout in VIEW MASTER mode, but that can be a little tricky until you get used to it.
Remote Learning Option: Easel by TpT interactive PDF
- If you use give each student a link to the Easel by TpT file, students will be able to type answers directly into text boxes.
- The page formatting will NOT change as students type their answers.
- If students type a lot in a text box, it will NOT overlap the text below. (Any overflow is hidden until you click on the text box.)
- Students are not able to edit the content of the handout. However, there are pen tools so students can highlight text.
- Teachers can add interactive elements (i.e. textboxes, additional instruction text, movable shapes) before giving the students the Easel by TpT file.
- Teachers are NOT able to edit the original text on the handout. Easel by TpT essentially is using an image of the handout underneath all of the interactive layers, so you will not be able to edit the handout directly.
- If you really want to edit the original text of the handout AND you want to use Easel by TpT, I would suggest modifying the Google Docs file, saving it as a PDF, and then uploading your PDF to Easel by TpT - then you can add the interactive layers before sending your custom PDF handout to your students.
If you have any questions, please email me at Mike@educircles.org