Products in this Bundle (16)
showing 1-5 of 16 products
Also included in
- Teach more than a month's worth of material on the Greek Gods, Heroes, and Lovers. Start with an introductory lesson on the essential characteristics of myth. Then, go on a deep dive into creation myths—further the story with Earth and Sky (Uranus and Gaia) — the first gods. Then read about all of t$110.00$122.50Save $12.50
Teach ONE month's worth of material on the Greek Gods, Heroes, and Lovers. Start with an introductory lesson on the essential characteristics of myth. Begin with the story of Earth and Sky — the first gods. Then read about all of the Titan gods (there are more than you think (and they weren't all saturnine). I love the story of Kronos and Rhea — it's a crazy story your students will both love and hate. Then teach the hero story of the Titan Prometheus (and his brother Epimetheus) who first sided with Zeus against the Titans. Also, teach the sequel story of Pandora! Add a bit of Sisyphus, Midas, Tantalus, Ixion, Phaethon, Icarus, Apollo and Daphne, and Orpheus and Eurydice!
Integrate your lesson with an included lesson pacing calendar, questions about each myth and discussion questions for group work, bonus vocabulary materials, writing prompts art and literature connections, and a note-taking template (and more -- this resource is incredibly jam-packed!). Note — each lesson pack comes equipped with a Google Apps link to create digital files — great for distance learning.
What's Included in this Mythology Bundle for Middle and High School Students
- What Is Myth? — Introductory lesson to frame the unit with six characteristics of myth
- All The Titans
- Kronos and Rhea
- The Myth of the Titan Prometheus
- The Myth of Pandora's Jar (Or, is it a Box?)
- The Four Disgracers Art & Literature Mini-Unit-Within-a-Unit
- Apollo and Daphne
- Orpheus and Eurydice
- Vocabulary Builder: 10 Everyday Words and Phrases in Greek Mythology — Connect myth to our contemporary English Language!
- 1 sharable "10 Everyday words and phrases in Greek Mythology" informational text
- 1 Graphic Organizer for your students' collaborative activity
- *Editable Google Docs link* - This is useful if you want to tweak the resources to fit the needs of you and your students!
- BONUS: 21 Frayer Model Set for Teaching Myth
- 21 Myth-related Frayer Models for Building Vocabulary Knowledge
- 1 Student Sample
- Includes both PRINTABLE and DIGITAL versions!
I created this resource with middle and high school students in mind. It is designed for an English Language Arts Mythology unit —
- For any myth-related unit!
- On characteristics of heroes, hubris, creation myths, and the story of the Titans.
- Note that this bundle does not include full-text, copyrighted material of the myths, but adequate links to a host of access points to the myths are provided!
- Use this resource as a stand-alone lesson or pair it with a larger unit on Myth, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, Robert Graves's Greek Myths, Edith Hamilton's Mythology, Hesiod's Theogony, or Parallel Myths.
For resources similar to this one, see:
- My popular Plato's Cave lesson!
Navigate your web browser to my website, Stones of Erasmus,to follow me on my journey. stonesoferasmus.com