Real life math application activities!
Students will solve word problems, gather information for tally charts and graphs and answer comprehension questions based on their findings, and use the reference sheets provided to help them compare mass and volume in both customary and metric units!
There are 4 activities in this bundle:
1. Grocery Store Round-Up - Students will use a grocery store product list to help them solve word problems.
2. Grand Groceries - Students will analyze a table containing product sales to create tally charts and graphs. Then they'll answer comprehension questions about the information they've gathered.
3. Wait, weight?? Part 1 (Customary) - Students will use the reference sheet to help them solve questions on mass and volume in customary units.
4. Wait, weight?? Part 2 (Metric) - Students will use the reference sheet to help them solve questions on mass and volume in metric units.
Math skills include:
- Information gathering for graphing
- Converting units of mass and volume in customary and metric measurements
The activities could be used in math centers, guided practice, or even as assessments!
And the answer keys are included!