Are there days when you feel like telling your students to go to Hades in a handbasket? Well, now you can. Tour the Inferno with Dante and point out to students the wages of sin – like not doing their homework. This 68-slide PowerPoint presentation introduces students to the complexities of this 14th century work which still captures the imagination. This work of art is the ultimate revenge narrative and attempts to answer many of life’s big questions concerning the afterlife.
This flexible unit allows teachers to choose which cantos to study which will determine the length of time spent on this medieval literary masterpiece, which can be anywhere from two weeks to a quarter. The unit presents:
• Vocabulary exercises
• 17 project-based activities for different student levels
• End of unit questions covering the historical background and the Inferno
• Answer keys for all exercises
• Student handouts to assist the student in understanding this complex work
• Rubrics for public speaking, PowerPoint presentations, and creative projects