Add a new and fun dimension to your study of the Australian gold rushes. This layered word book spells the word GOLDRUSH and each page contains questions for students to investigate and answer. A note-taking table is included to support students as they investigate the answers to the questions.
The book is perfect to use as students study the topic of gold rush in Australia or as and end of unit activity. The contents of the book are directly linked to the Australian Curriculum for History for year five.
- Describe what gold is
- Give details about Who? When? Where? and What? for the Victorian and NSW gold rushes.
- Give details about Who? When? Where? and What? for another colony of their choice.
- Say why the miners at Eureka were angry.
- Write facts about the Eureka flag.
- Explain what happened on the date of the Eureka rebellion.
- Describe aspects of life on the goldfields.
- Explain the effects the gold rushes had on some aspects of Australian life.
- Think of some ‘What if?’ scenarios for the history of gold rush in Australia.
You and your students will enjoy this creative approach to learning Australian history.