Also included in
- If you are studying about Westward Expansion, the Oregon Trail, or the California Gold Rush this bundle was created just for you! It is all about the Gold Rush and includes an Escape Room, followed by an amazing STEM Challenge, and a reading resource.Note: These resources in this bundle may be purch$7.50$9.50Save $2.00
- Are you ready to print and have students reading in a matter of minutes? These reading comprehension sheets with informational text are perfect in so many ways. Topics are high interest and many correlate with units of study. So, get ready to tackle some science, some holiday topics, or just some fu$51.00$64.00Save $13.00
Oh, my, are you ready to strike it rich? This time-saving resource about the California Gold Rush will have your students reading and dreaming of finding gold. This has been designed for those students you have that love nonfiction reading. You are going to love the format using nonfiction text features and comprehension worksheets. - ready to go! This is not a digital resource.
NOTE: This resource is perfect for PRINTABLE distance learning packets.
NOTE: This reading passage set is available in a printable and digital format.
NOTE: This resource is available in money-saving bundles:
This set features upper 3rd to fifth-grade skills of finding the main idea, determining word meaning in context, finding evidence, matching items, listing examples, inferring, and basic reading comprehension questions.
The set also makes use of nonfiction text features. You will find the use of bold print, bulleted lists, captions, fact boxes, illustrations, italics, labels, photos, subheadings, a timeline, and titles.
The four reading passages are provided in two reading levels- an easier and more challenging. The reading selections are about the discovery of gold in California in 1848, the hard life of a miner, different methods of mining for gold, and the stagecoach.
In addition, a newspaper mock-up article page is included that has more reading selections. The articles include the Pony Express, a timeline of the events from 1848-1855, the boomtown of San Francisco, and fact boxes about the Pony Express and women during the gold rush. There is a comprehension question page for the newspaper set and 2 graphic organizers.
All answer keys are provided. Specific skills and Common Core standards are listed on the table of contents page.
NOTE: The reading selections for this resource were written for elementary students. The reading levels of the passages are appropriate for upper third grade through fifth grade. This set is perfect for centers, small groups, seat work, homework, or sub days!
Specific contents of this resource are:
- Selection 1- All for a Gold Nugget in 2 reading levels
- Selection 2- Striking It Rich in 2 reading levels
- Selection 3 – A Little Bit of Luck in 2 reading levels
- Selection 4 – Traveling in Style in 2 reading levels
- Newspaper Page- 4 articles (Delivering the Mail, Boom Town, Chain of Events, and A Few Facts)
- Newspaper Comprehension page and two graphic organizers
- Answer keys for all
- Table of Contents listing levels, skills, Common Core standards, and nonfiction text features
- Teacher's Guide with notes about reading levels, standards, organizations, and ideas for use
You might also enjoy this resource:
You might also like these Print and Read resources:
- Animal Adaptations Print and Read
- Pirates Print and Read
- Spiders Print and Read
- Sharks Print and Read
- Weather Print and Read
- Space Print and Read
- Landforms Print and Read
- Volcanoes Print and Read
- Sports Print and Read
- Back to School Print and Read
- Christmas Print and Read
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click here to follow my store. It’s that easy to receive email updates about Teachers Are Terrific!
Keep in Touch!