The Golden Kite the Silver Wind by Ray Bradbury Activity Bundle
This is a very comprehensive bundle of instructional resources and activities related to the short story, The Golden Kite the Silver Wind by Ray Bradbury. This lesson focuses on cooperative learning and is aligned to United States Common Core Curriculum Standards. I think your students will enjoy this bundle which includes:
1) A comprehensive lesson plan aligned to the United States Common Core Curriculum
2) A scavenger hunt for information: This is an active reading scavenger hunt with 33 questions where students actively hunt for information in the story and analyze it in depth while they read. They must provide textual evidence to support their answers. This scavenger hunt is meant to enhance enjoyment and check for understanding. Answer sheets are included.
3) A vocabulary activity called, “Word Detective.” where students act as vocabulary detectives as they try and determine the meaning of new words. First they will use contextual clues to predict the meaning of new words from how they are used in actual passages from the story. Then they will use a thesaurus or dictionary to check comprehension and find synonyms. Answer sheet is included
4) A comprehensive crossword puzzle related to characters, events, figurative language, and vocabulary, in the story. An answer puzzle is included
5) A Text of the Story
6) An Elements of a Short Story Graphic Organizer/story map: An active reading graphic organizer that helps your students identify and chart the literary elements in the story as they read.
7) A Figurative Language Worksheet/Quiz with 27 examples of figurative language used in this short story. Again it can be used as either a worksheet or a quiz and is very comprehensive and contains an answer sheet with thorough explanations for each example given.
8) The Cold War Power Point and Internet Scavenger Hunt Worksheet
This story was written as a parody to the cold war and the arms race that was going on for three decades between the United States and the Soviet Union. This is a bundle of activities that take your students on an Internet scavenger hunt adventure through that time period. It has an entertaining and colorful power point presentation and worksheet which introduces your students to some of the important events such as the Cuban Missile Crisis, Man on the Moon, the Bay of Pigs Invasion, the building of the Berlin Wall, the Vietnam War, the first man in space/The Space Race, and other important events;
I don’t think that you will find a more complete bundle on line for this story