Take the Goldfish Challenge by Meredith Avren, M.Ed., CCC-SLP (aka the Peachie Speechie !) This activity is designed to be used with goldfish shaped crackers.
I developed this activity for use in my speech room with my articulation groups. You can easily adapt this activity to focus on math facts, sight words, or pretty much anything!
1 - Instruction sheet
2 - Color Goldfish Challenge sheet with 100 little goldfish pictures on it
3 - Black and White version of the Challenge sheet
Here is how it works:
(1) I challenge my students to say their target speech sound 100 TIMES in one session.
(2) I give each student a copy of the Goldfish Challenge sheet
(3) I place a bowl of goldfish shaped crackers in the middle of the table
(4) Each time a student says an accurate production of their speech sound, they get a goldfish to place over one of the goldfish pictures on their sheet
(5) Their goal is to have 100 accurate productions
(6) At the end of the session, I pass out plastic ziplock bags and the students dump their earned goldfish crackers into the bag and take it home with them as a treat!
Don't want to use actual crackers? No problem! Use the black and white version of the challenge sheet and have them color in a goldfish every time they say their sound!
I hope you enjoy this tasty freebie! Please pretty please leave feedback if you like it!
Want more freebies and ideas for the classroom? Follow me on instagram: @thepeachiespeechie or check out my blog: www.PeachieSpeechie.com or "like" my Peachie Speechie facebook page!
tag: Articulation Challenge