Fairytales! There is so many activities you can do with your students when you are looking at fairytales. Goldilocks and the 3 bears is a classic fairytale that is loved by children. This literacy unit includes a huge variety of activities to keep your students busy and engaged.
What is included:
- Bulletin board picture: Print and display on your Fairytales bulletin board. Use as a picture stimulus.
- Character profiles – Goldilocks and Baby Bear: Brainstorm words to describe the characters. Write a sentence about the character.
- Story map – 2 versions: Draw and/or write about the characters, setting, beginning, middle and end. One version has boxes for just pictures, the other page has lines for writing.
- Sequencing: Version1 - Cut and paste the pictures from the story in order. Write a sentence about what is happening in the picture. Version 2 – Cut and paste the pictures from the story in order. Cut and match the sentences to the pictures. Read the retell.
- What happened when: Write a response about an event from the story. Write about how Baby Bear was feeling.
- Making connections: Think about how Baby Bear was feeling. Write about a time when you felt the same as Baby Bear.
- Letter writing template – 2 versions: Write a letter to a character or from a character to another character. There is a Goldilocks and Baby Bear template included.
- Why do you think Goldilocks went into the house? Write or draw why you think she went inside the bears’ house.
- When Goldilocks came to my classroom: Write a story about what would happen if Goldilocks came into your classroom.
- A bed for Goldilocks – Stem activity: Design and make a new bed for Goldilocks.
- Headbands for roleplaying – colour and black and white
All activities in this unit are ready to print and use so are perfect your literacy time, with very little planning involved.
There will be other fairytale units added to my store, so be sure to check back. Keep updated by following my instagram page @mrs_mccarthys_classroom or my Facebook page Ms K's Kreations.