Also included in
- Are you using fairy tales to teach reading comprehension skills? Use favorite story activities included in this bundle to practice retelling, story parts, summarizing, comparing and contrasting, character study and more during your reading groups, literacy block, or fairy tale centers with the inclu$20.00$28.00Save $8.00
Practice identifying story parts, retelling/ sequencing, character traits, and opinion response with these Goldilocks and the Three Bears unit activities. Printable and digital activities using Google Slides to support distance learning are included. Extend the learning with more literacy and math activities as students practice ABC Order, letter scrambles, and math activities!
This fairy tale includes:
Goldilocks Retell Craftivity- Black/white AND color pieces to cut and glue to create a setting and color cut and glue characters to make Popsicle stick puppets to move along the setting as they retell! The color pieces are great for making a sample or creating the set for students to use in a retelling center!
Vocabulary cards- Common words and characters from the story are included on vocabulary cards. Great to support the enclosed writing activities. (Goldilocks, 3 Bears, Porridge, chair etc).
*Write a Retell book- Students use the "first, then, next, after that, finally" template to complete a retell mini book. 2 versions are offered- one with the clipart pictures to write and color, and one with blank pages (great for differentiation).
*Write a summary of Goldilocks and the Three Bears page
*write a summary of another version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears
*Character trait web and writing
*Venn Diagram to compare the characters
*Venn Diagram to compare versions of the tale.
*Graphic organizers and writing pages to write about which version of Goldilocks and the Three Bears you like best.
*Bear Reaction Craftivity- Great for teaching reactions in writing. Use this book as a mentor text for teaching writing!
*Color by sight word
*True/false math maze - Addition to 10
*Roll and Color (2 versions for 1 die or 2 dice).
*Count and Write the number- with Goldilocks and the Three Bears
*Bear Color by number to 6 and Doubles to 12
Digital Activities Include:
1. Notes from your teacher: On this page you can simply click in the text box and write any assignment notes you'd like students to see. If you're also sharing a link to a video or website with a read aloud or the story text, this is a great place to put it.
2. Vocabulary- Students read the vocabulary words. Some guide questions included.
3. Printable story mat pieces -This must be printed. This can't be played digitally but is included for easier sharing.
4.Sequencing (match the words to the picture to retell the story)
5.Type a summary using guide words
6.Character Web & Typing Page. 1 web (students drag the wolf or Little Red depending on the character they'd like to write about. 1 writing page for students to type about either character is also included.
7. Opinion Organizer- Student type to tell their opinion with guide words.
8. ABC Order (Drag and drop the words)
9. Word scramble- How many words can you make using the letters in LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD with an additional option printable page with letter tiles.
10. True/ False addition activity.
11. Count & Type the Nuber Math Activity
12. Roll and Mark activity (Numbers to 6 and addition to 12 version)
12- Optional Printable Resources- Included for more convenient sharing or as optional printable activities. (include: venn diagram, cut and paste story part sort, bear reaction craftivity, Bear color by code, Color by sight word).
Please check the preview to see if these resources are just right for your students!
Love fairy tales? This Goldilocks and the Three Bears resource is included in my Fairy Tale Bundle. Check out the bundle and related resources!