PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Goldilocks and the Three Bear
This pack focuses on one Fairy Tale – Goldilocks and the Three Bears and gives many opportunities to explore and interpret the text through reading and writing.
The variety of tasks lets you choose which aspects will suit your grade before you print. Explore all facets of the story with these planners and the prepared prompt sheets. Encourage planning before writing and allow for lots of discussions.
The pack includes -
• Curriculum Links – USA CCSS and Australian Curriculum
• KWHL – What we know – want to know – how will we find out- record new learning
• Vocabulary Cards – Use these cards to discuss character attributes, descriptions and interactions between story components. You can print and go or laminate for longer use. There are three printing options.
• I see, I think, I wonder - Read part of the story and complete each component. Then read the rest of the story and discuss your options
• Beginning, middle and ending - this helps to write a recount
• Recount planner – focuses on each part of a recount
• Jigsaw Cards - Color copy and laminate – sequence in order
of size and use for language vocab, size vocab, adjective. Three printing options
• Character Traits – Interactive Note pages two options for working – two printing options
• Story Parts – Interactive Notebook page, including complications/resolutions and introduction/conclusion
• CAN-IS-HAS - Goldilocks, Baby Bear, Mama Bear, Papa Bear can, is, has- Real Bears can, are, have
• Use adjectives - to describe the chairs, beds, porridge and characters
• Conversation starters - What could Goldilocks say to Baby Bear, Mama Bear and Papa Bear?
• Breakfast Options - What else could the bears have had for breakfast?
• Emotions – list them for each character
• Descriptions - what each character looks like - adjectives
• Re write the ending - Goldilocks – Beginning, middle, ending and rewrite the story with different characters
• Police Report – describe Goldilocks as a villain
• Venn Diagram for story bears and real bears
• Making Connections - Text to text, text to self, text to world
• Write a sorry letter - to Baby Bear, Mama Bear and Papa Bear from Goldilocks to say sorry
• Speech bubble - I am really very sorry
• Conflicts and Resolutions – list them in the matrix
• Venn Diagrams – Goldilocks and The Three Bears making comparisons to another Fairy Tale
• Persuasive techniques - How would you persuade Papa Bear to not ring the Police?
• Planning - This is your plan - use the lined paper for your draft
• Writing Craftivity – add a side graphic to your writing
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©2014 Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs.
♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.