Are you looking for meaningful learning activities that will keep students engaged? This close reading unit is the perfect solution as students utilize interactive drama to show their deepening understanding of the story, "Goldilocks and the Three Bears".
During these lessons, the students will:
- Read and reread your storybook of "Goldilocks" (book not included)
- Answer and discuss text dependent questions (questions provided)
- Talk about the text
- Take notes about the characters and setting (sheet provided)
- Sequence and write in storyboard format about the scenes/ main events from the story (graphic organizer provided)
- Act out the scenes from the story in small groups (simple costumes provided)
- Study dialogue, author's descriptions, and illustrations to gain a deeper understanding of each character
- Take additional notes on each character (graphic organizer provided)
- Synthesize information about each character by listing attributes
- Practice each scene again, using additional information learned about each character
Finally, students will present a small group interactive drama of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears" for an audience (the class).We would encourage teachers to use the activities in these lessons as a tool to assess students’ comprehension.
This download comes with all necessary elements for you to have a successful lesson. You will receive:
- Detailed, Step-by-Step Close Reading Lesson Plans, including classroom photos
- Increasingly Complex Text Dependent Questions for Goldilocks
- Characters and Setting Note Taking Sheet (& student example)
- Sequence Storyboard Graphic Organizer (& student example)
- Character Close Up Graphic Organizer (& student example)
- Simple Printable Costumes for Goldilocks, Mama, Papa and Baby Bear
* does not include the story of “Goldilocks and the Three Bears”
to learn more about this lesson on our blog!
Do you find yourself asking, “What is Close Reading?” Visit this blog post
to find out more!
We would love to hear from you! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase!
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
@thecorecoaches on Instagram
@Core_Coaches on Twitter
The Core Coaches on Facebook
The Core Coaches on Pinterest
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our blog!
The Core Coaches Blog