This 30 page pack is everything you need for a completely Common Core aligned unit on Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It includes multiple worksheets and activities for standards RL.1.1 though RL 1.9. Each standard is covered in multiple and various ways. Included are:
1. Question prompts and writing question sentences
2. Summarizing beginning, middle, and end with words and illustrations.
4. Retelling using time order words.
5. A fold-able to help students summarize using characters, setting, and major events.
6. Describing characters and setting using key details from text.
7. Reading passages and finding words that appeal to senses.
8. Distinguishing between fiction and non-fiction texts.
9. Identifying the narrator in different sentences from the story.
10. Worksheets to describe various characters and what they did in the story.
11. Worksheets to describe characters using adjectives.
12. Using details from the text to describe the setting.
13. Building on their writing skills to have students write about if the story took place in a different setting.
14. Comparing/Contrasting Goldilocks and the bears using a top hat organizer, along with a writing page to extend their thinking.
When you use this pack, you can be sure you are hitting all of the reading literature standards for first grade. It's an engaging, comprehensive way to work with the standards in a fun way! All you need is a text of the story and these worksheets are the perfect companions.
Please FOLLOW ME for fun products and FREEBIES! Also, check out my blog: www.mtasch.edublogs.org to see our classroom routines, ideas, and fun!