This comparing and contrasting book companion was writing to be paired with 'Goldilocks and the Three Bear' by Candice Ransom and 'Believe Me, Goldilocks Rock!' by Nancy Loewen.
This companion uses classic and 'fractured' fairy tales to help older students ( grades 3-5 ) develop their comparing and contrasting, as well as, higher level thinking skills.
Students listen to both stories and then may use the included activities to compare and contrast the content in each story.
This 21 page packet includes:
- 'What Makes a Story' mat
- Game board for some added fun :)
- Story event sequencing for each story
- Articulation reinforcement ( because we never want to pass up a chance to work on those good speech sounds )
- 'How to Compare and Contrast' mat
- Comparing and Contrasting with Venn Diagrams: Includes pre-made and blank
- Comparing and Contrasting questions mat
- Higher level thinking questions mat
- Pragmatic questions mat
- 4 writing prompts to work on comprehension and syntax
- Summarizing organizer