Art is ...Goldsworthy 8 Earth Elements Boards & Match Cards & 20 Art Task Cards (14 pages)
You will download 14 jpgs of:
1. 8 Board Cards for Earth Elements
2. 2 Match Cards for the Earth Elements Matching
3. 4 pages of 20 Task Cards
Andy Goldsworthy is a contemporary environmental artist and photographer from the UK. His works are very transient: each work grows, stays and then decays.
Please print onto card stock for more durability. You will want to cut out the 8 Match Cards. You will also want to cut out each of the 20 Task Cards. Students can work individually, in pairs or small groups.
The 8 Earth Elements from Andy Goldsworthy's art work are:
4. rocks (large rocks)
7. stones (small rocks, pebbles)
The 20 Task Cards show examples of Goldsworthy artwork. Each task has the same steps. All are to be disassembled after taking pictures, because that is the nature of his work.
1. Leaves Task Cards 1-4. Pick leaves up from the ground, or if there are branches on the ground. You may need to get permission to take leaves off the trees at your school.
2. Sand Task Cards 5-8. These can be done easily on the playground. Students may want shovels or buckets to help in construction.
3. Sticks Task Cards 9-12. Students will want to gather sticks from around the school before beginning these cards. Sculptures may be laid flat on the ground.
4. Stones Task Cards 13-16. Students will want to gather smallish stones and pebbles. Have sculptures lay flat, if they won't balance.
Use of any copyrighted art works is used in accordance with Fair Use in education to help students learn visual shapes in art work.
This is because it is impossible to teach visual art literacy without appropriate examples. It helps students to develop their art vocabulary and well as visual literacy.
If you like my art activities please leave positive feedback. It will help you earn points for free TPT lessons.
Any questions, please convo me.