Also included in
- Your writing lesson plans are done for over three months with this narrative writing minilesson unit bundle! This bundle includes a step-by-step approach in using the gradual release model to teach your young writers about the following strategies in narrative writing. Activities are hands-on and au$19.80$23.25Save $3.45
Your writing lesson plans are done! In this unit, students will read books with great endings and discuss what makes them great, understand different types of endings, revise writing to improve the endings, and try out good endings in their own writing. Activities are hands-on and authentic and include step by step plans!
Included in this resource:
- Teacher tips for introducing writing strategies
- Mentor text list for six different types of narrative endings
- Lesson plans for the unit
- A hands-on activity in which students read examples of six different ending types and identify the writing strategy being used in each
- Materials for building an anchor chart to record the hands-on learning
- Which Suits the Story? a handout for matching endings with the tone of the story
- 7 Good endings posters
- Good ending notes: 2 versions - complete and ready to write
- Revise It: revise a boring ending in six ways (sample key included)
- Revise Your Own: a guide to revising your own boring ending
- Try It: a guide to writing better endings
- Good Ending tips - a bookmark sized tip sheet
This resource, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one classroom. Additional classrooms must purchase additional licenses.
You may also be interested in...
For updates on writing minilesson resources, follow my store!
Buzzing with Ms. B