How do I write a good thesis statement? How does my thesis statement relate to the body of my essay? What about the conclusion? Here are practical answers; an antidote to anxiety in the classroom. Immediately, you can use these lesson plans and activities that contain an element of fun. Coupled with fit-to-purpose resources, your students will build confidence and skills as they learn to -
• Create a robust Thesis Statement that sets them up for success.
• Write Body Paragraphs using proven Point, Evidence, Analysis structure.
• Edit ideas so that they have time for analysis.
• Practice planning using a workable structure.
• Stay motivated, right to the end.
Resources included in this pack
Confidence building activities
Mini and comprehensive writing / planning activities
Examples of Simple to Advanced Thesis Statements
Examples of Simple to Advanced Body Paragraphs
Sample templates to build essay structure
Please contact Claire Vorster for free resources, or with other questions.